The MYMV membership program is completely free of charge and offers exclusive access to online features such as saving your favorite properties, selecting a personal agent, and receiving exclusive news about the company.
A question I get frequently from clients - in so many words - is this simple one: what do agents do, and why are they important? It's a simple question with a nuanced answer. As a real estate agent, I do a lot of things, and I have to be a master (or at least very, very good) at all of it in order to serve my clients.
Here are 6 roles that myself, and other top agents, take on for our clients
1. Marketer: I market properties, I market myself, I market my team, I market my firm, I market my affiliates.
2. Negotiator: I help my clients get the terms that are important to them, but I also balance that so that the other side also feels satisfied with those terms too. Everyone has to be happy with the deal.
3. Communicator: I'm by no means a professional writer, but I have to be able to express the best points of every property. I'm by no means a lawyer, but I have to be able to write contracts which achieve my clients' objectives. Even after the contract is accepted, there are still weeks, sometimes even months of communication ahead, and that has to be executed well to be able to keep everyone in the transaction satisfied.
4. Strategist: I help my clients identify the options that they have in any given situation-buying or selling. I don't make their minds up for them, but I draw on my experience to advise them and present them with strategies that have worked for me and others in similar situations. Above all, I help them to identify the best way to move forward and make the next best step.
5. Ambassador: I'm the first point of contact for my clients and their homes. What that means is that I serve as an extension of my clients, and the impression I make is critical. When I call to set up an appointment to show a home, the way the agent on the other side (and his or her clients) perceive me paints a picture of who my clients are. Long before my buyer clients step foot in the property, I am working to represent them in the best way possible. On the other side, when I represent someone's property for sale, my reputation, and the experience people have working with me can help my properties sell more easily.
6. Prospector: I have to constantly be on the lookout for where the next opportunity is coming from. I need to constantly be networking within my industry, meeting new people, and identifying new opportunities. Staying nimble is important for my clients -the more opportunities I see, the better equipped I am to assist and serve.
Bringing Constant Value and Service To Our Clients
Wearing all these hats leads to our clients having the best experience possible when buying or selling their home. The additional expertise allows us to make sure they are well taken care of and informed throughout the entire process.
If you're looking to buy or sell a home in Los Angeles soon, please contact us to answer any questions you may have.